Two new hair styling tools you’ll definitely find you need
June 25, 2015
Styling hair is a common complaint I get from clients. Needing the right tools to create salon looks and tools that make styling easier or quicker is in major demand and two of these tools have recently landed on my desk. These two new launches has me quite excited and I’ve been dying to share them with you.
Who does not love their TANGLE TEEZER?! Personally I’m a bit obsessed and don’t know when last my hair was brushed without one in any shape or form. The brand has now recently launched the answer from heaven in a paddle brush design that comes in two sizes, the FULL PADDLE (R360) and the HALF PADDLE (R330), which is what I’ve got. It’s perfect for my shoulder length hair without being bulky. If you’ve got longer hair, you better opt for the full paddle. The magic with this brush is that there is free-flow tension so your hair is detangled but there is enough tension on the hair to create a dreamy blow drying experience without breaking your hair. Frizz is eliminated and excess moisture is removed from the hair shaft to make sure you don’t spend the whole day blow drying your hair. This is done by bottle shaped teeth that overlap and force the extra water out of the hair – brilliant right? The teeth are also designed to pick up hair from the hairline to get rid of kinks and waves which is great news for people with curly hair that want to create a smooth look. Basically it’s the same genius detangling, non-breaking results as our beloved Tangle Teezer, just in a design to created a better blow dry. You will find this at Tangle Teezer stocking salons or try www.retailbox.co.za or www.everythinghair.co.za
The FHI HEAT (Forefront of Heating Innovation) STYLUS THERMAL BRUSH is a tool I’ve had client purchase the moment I posted it on my instagram feed. This electric brush is so genius, it changes hair styling as we know it considerably. Lets take this electrical brush from the top:
- The EZ-Hold tip makes it easy for you to hold because it does not heat up and you won’t burn your fingers. This is handy when you want to turn the brush when creating waves in the hair.
- The brush tips in 6 rows is strong and won’t break hair while detangling hair easily when you slide it through.
- On the brush itself you’ll see red strips which are tourmaline strips that reduces static and locks in moisture while you style. The strips heat up fast and heat is distributed evenly.
- The back of the brush is curved so you can created waves with ease while the non-slip handle is comfortable to hold while styling.
- The on/off button also doubles up as the heat adjusting button and 250 degrees fahrenheit is recommended for fine and fragile hair while higher temperatures are suggested when you have courser, thick or very curly hair.
- The device switches off automatically after an hour of non-use.
- The light indicator flashes when the device is heating up to the desired temperature and will be static when the correct heat is reached.
- Included is a heat resistant pouch that I’ve been using to place my brush on while sectioning hair
- With the extra long swivel cord the brush is easy to handle and you don’t end up tangling yourself in the process.
It is suggested that you rough dry hair first, combing it through and then start styling because as you know using a styling device on wet hair will have singeing results with loads of smoke and crackling accompanying it. Such a great tool for traveling and styling to create smooth looks, waves and even straight styles. It retails for R1995 and you can find it at selected salons and even on www.everythinghair.co.za
I tried sourcing a how-to video for the Stylus but it wouldn’t let me share it, but here is the link for you to watch FHI Heat Stylus
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends!