My Fitness Journey Part 3: Body work continued…
May 12, 2016
As mentioned in the first part of My Fitness Journey: Body Work, the actual body products I’ve been using in order to keep my skin toned and supple really were absolutely detrimental to me. Although I have lost weight faster than my skin could shrink alongside that process, I do experience excess skin that needed to shape up (or gets shipped out) before it starts looking weird. I’ve read numerous articles about excess skin, how to get rid of it (ultimately, with major weight loss I’m afraid surgery is the way to go), how to get skin to shrink back and how to get rid of unsightly stretch marks and the conclusion I’ve come to is toning exercises and a little help from our friends in the following bottles:
MIO, formerly known as Mama Mio is renowned for their successful body products. Being pregnant and losing weight no longer has to be something women fear when it comes to changes to the skin. Promising fit skin for life, MIO has been proven to be extremely successful in keeping skin healthy and in shape, helping you to be body confident – the way it should be! (PLEASE NOTE, IN THIS FEATURE THE OLDER VERSION OF THE PRODUCT PACKAGING WAS STILL USED, BUT KNOWN NOW ONLY AS ‘MIO’ THE BRAND HAS REFRESHED THEIR PACKAGING TO INCLUDE MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT YOU’RE USING. THE NEWLY PACKAGED PRODUCTS ARE ON THEIR WAY TO STORE!)
- GOODBYE STRETCH MARKS: This buttery cream has been clinically proven to reduce stretch marks. Absolutely phenomenal in it’s efficacy, using this with commitment and correctly will ensure stretch marks are magically reduced and in some cases made invisible! The formula is super concentrated and spreads easily so you don’t have to use copious amounts of the product. A thin layer is applied over each stretch mark (almost like finger painting, as the packaging suggests!) three times a day. I must be honest some days I didn’t have time to do it over lunch time and it made me feel so bad, I committed to applying mornings and evenings, with super results. Over a three month period the change is quite remarkable. New and old stretch marks are attacked head on with four key ingredients that help reduce the look of stretch marks, reduce the discoloration sometimes seen and makes them look more invisible: Regestril is a combination of two potent peptides to help improve texture and reduce visibility with 70%. Emblica is a fruit extract that evens out skin tone, therefor addressing the issue of skin discoloration. Matrixyl 3000 is a peptide that tricks your fibroblast cells (cells that make collagen and elastin) into thinking they are old and need to renew. Algisium-C is rich in silica and is a brown algae and important when it comes to the healing, smoothing and improving stretch mark texture. Additionally Sweet Almond Oil helps soothe any itching because it’s packed with Omega 3, 6 and 9. It also boosts skin’s moisture levels.
- SHRINK TO FIT: A firming favorite amongst those in the know, it smoothes cellulite by addressing trouble areas – perfect for things and arms. The rich cream formula has excellent cellulite blasting technology to smooth the orange peel effect cellulite areas have and to increase circulation to help prevent water retention. The ingredients in this serum are all at their maximum potency levels to make sure this formula is super effective. Arms, thighs, butt and hips all benefit from applying this product. Adiposlim helps reduce the look of orange peel, Adipoless prevents new fat cells from maturing and forming cellulite, Caffeine and Coffee Arabica Seed Oil boosts circulation to optimally ensure flab fighting, Laminaria Digitata is rich in minerals that boosts circulation and helps on detoxifying to have positive effects on the skin, Green Tea is packed with anti oxidants to help skin look younger, Horsetail is a plant extract that contains silica to help form collagen that makes skin stay firm, Rosemary Extract will increase circulation and will prevent water retention, Quinoa Extract and Shea Butter is aimed at improving moisture levels to the max and are filled with Omegas and amino acids to leave skin healthy.
- GET WAISTED: Lovingly called ‘Rehab for Abs’, your tummy is about to get reshaped to look like you’re not a day older than 18. Also called the holy grail of body shaping, 9 powerful ingredients make sure this product makes good on it’s promise. It increases skin circulation, reduces puffiness or bloatedness, tightens and tones your skin. The hardworking formulation that is ‘Get Waisted’ makes sure you have a more fitter and flatter look around your waist area. Laminara Digitata algae extract contours skin, Phyco R75 algae extract energizes and tones skin, Areaumat Samphira dramatically increases contouring effect by up to 153%, Rhodofiltrats Delessaria and Palmaria are mineral rich extracts from red algae improves microcirculation, Caffeine firms and improves circulation, Adipoless and Adipolslim fight fat cells to leave skin looking less dimply.
- SKIN TIGHT: Is a toning serum that I’ve actually had the opportunity to try before, so I was excited for round two. It visibly tightens saggy skin and loosened skin seems to ‘fit’ better. Crepey skin is something of the past with the ‘shrinking’ effect this serum has. The Soy Protein Complex is a super strong tightening agent with instant effects, Papaya Enzyme gently exfoliate and soften skin so that dead skin cells are removed from the surface, Hyaluronic Acid moisturizes intensely as well as instantly plumps and smoothes skin and Uniprosyn is a blend of oat protein and vitamin B3 that is effective in addressing existing crepeyness by boosting protein production. I liked using this around my boob area although it is extremely effective around the midriff.
- SISLEY PARIS INTENSIVE ANTI-CELLULITE BODY CARE: Apart from the above mentioned products, this has been one of the most effective cellulite products I’ve tried to date. Orange peel effect begone! To see how effective it is in a smaller area I only used this rich melting cream formula twice a day on my upper legs, concentrating on my inner thigh area. Let me tell you, those flabby bits seem a whole lot less flabby. With weight loss skin almost seems to ‘separate’ when stretched out skin shrinks back, hence the crepey effect we sometimes complain about. Since I’ve lost close to 50 kilograms to date in a period of 6 months (yes, on a mission does not come close to describing it) and crepey skin was the order of the day until I started using these products. The Sisley Cellulinov is brilliant when it comes to smoothing dimples, making skin look healthy and toned and reshaping the area you’re targeting with your application. The secret wonder ingredient in this formulation is powerful Longan Seed Extract which addresses cellulite in two ways: it reduces the ‘feeding’ of the cellulite cells in the skin so they don’t ‘grow’ and it maintains the extracellular matrix so that the cellulite don’t increase in numbers and size. Red Algae stops the storage of fat cells, Indian Lotus Extract, Caffeine and Cedrol slows down the formulation of new fat cells and Ginkgo Biloba extract is known for it’s firming qualities and stops congestion in the skin – one of the things cellulite is known for. I found that the skin on my inner thighs are considerably smoother and toned and skin somehow looks tighter. Soya extract stops skin from going slack, Indian Lotus and Cedrol prevents water retention and Shea Butter and Sunflower Oil moisturizes and repairs skin.
- PHYTOBUSTE DECOLLETE INTENSIVE FIRMING BUST COMPOUND: Being women, our bust area is super important to look after. The skin around this area is delicate and sensitive. Because it supports the weight of our breasts we need to take special care of this skin to keep it toned, strong and healthy. This lightweight serum/lotion spreads nicely and is absorbed super fast. Only three pumps is used at a time because the formula is super concentrated. Improving on the original Phytobuste formula, Phytobuste Decollete does not only target the bust, but also the decollete area. The chest looks lifted because of the formula’s smoothing and toning effect because of the immediate firming action. In a few minutes Oat Seed extract with it’s complex sugars creates a film over the skin that makes it look more beautiful but also creates this ‘lifting’ effect. Long term firming action due to Centella Asiatica and Walnut Tree extract that firms, tones and elasticizes. The skin’s resilience is boosted with the presence of vitamin E and rye extract. Marjoram and Juniper oils give the formula a fresh and invigorating scent and I found it absorbs so fast I can get dressed almost immediately. Phytobuste had a definite effect on the toned look of my chest area, it made skin super soft, it looked more firm and lifted and after 4 weeks you’ll see the natural support of the breast area is considerably strengthened.
That’s it for body products for now, I’ll keep you posted on all the newbies I try out and which ones work. Keep and eye out for the next part of My Fitness Journey, you’ll see my trainer demonstrating a few quick moves with massive results – I can vouch for them – as well as a few nutritional tips you might never have thought of!
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends!