Mega Makeup Issue – Part 2
March 23, 2016
In conclusion to my two-part Mega Makeup Issue that showcases both the latest launches but mostly my favorite new makeup products, I wanted to share my best/newest currently when it comes to eye and hand/nail items.
FOR THE LOVE OF LASHES
- Of course mascara is always at the top of any woman’s most important products list, so naturally any new mascara launch gets major attention. In this case I’ve picked four newbies that works pretty well. First up is the latest launch from ELIZABETH ARDEN, the GRAND ENTRANCE MASCARA that launches on the 1st of April. It adds dramatic volume, lengthens lashes and lifts them at the same time. According to tests, this mascara increases lash length and volume with 80% and curl with 162% – pretty good stats if you ask me. The 3-in-1 triangular brush creates volume with it’s ‘cradle’, lifts with the ‘flip’ action and lengthens with the push up tip. After testing I can confirm there is not clumping, I saw major definition, every lash is pushed up and coated, curled and amplified to have a false lash effect. It doesn’t smudge, flake or dry out and the lift and curl effect lasts all day. Look out for this lash bomb from 1 April.
- From MAYBELLINE we see the new GO COLOSSAL CHAOTIC MASCARA. This emphasizes wild abandon when it comes to lashes – it’s chaotic! Creating an imperfect eye is the name of the game on runways across the world. The unique brush lends you creative freedom to get the messed up look exactly right. Dutiful lengthening, curling, lifting and volumizing is no longer the most important thing – messy lashes is. Two interesting looks are born from using this mascara. You can either create messy lashes that almost look wild or you can smudge the product around the lash lines to create a positively raging seductive look. Total chaos! I have the utmost respect for the way Maybelline creates the perfect ultra black formula that is so highly pigmented, the effect is simply stunning.
- This slim tube of mascara packs major punch. OFRA COSMETICS HD VOLUMIZING WATERPROOF MASCARA is smudge proof, contains keratin that protects and conditions lashes as well as pea sprout extract that stimulates the growth of your lashes while minimizing lash loss. The silicone brush is flexible, so it molds the formula to each individual lash to lengthen, thicken, define and shape without clumping. Lashes are fully boosted with this waterproof formula that creates lash love at first look!
- Lastly, L’OREAL’s FALSH LASH SUPERSTAR RED CARPET BLACK MASCARA takes us back to the days when two step mascaras were all the rage. This one however works well enough because the issues of white flecks still being visible from the primer, etc have been eliminated. The white primer applies with a curved brush that adds volume to lashes before the actual pigment is applied in Step 2. The curved brush makes it easy for every lash to be coated. After Step 1 the black fibre rich top coat does it’s magic. The white primer is coated completely in a rich black pigment. I especially like, seeing as though there is more than one formula applied to my lashes that they stay soft and flexible and not hard and stick-like at all.
TOE THE LINE
- When it comes to pencils and liquid liners you can always to see at least two of the below brands featuring somewhere. These brands has eyes down pat. The first is L’OREAL PARIS with their INFALLIBLE STYLO WATERPROOF EYELINER. The twist out pencil with intense pigment will not move, no matter what you do. Wear can last up to 24 hours without smudging, except when you freshly apply it and smudge your line somewhat with the smudge sponge on the end of the pencil. Precision application is made easy with the pointed tip and I think I’ve hit the jackpot with the dark grey and bright blue shade I’ve been using.
- From NYX COSMETICS comes the SUPER SKINNY EYE MARKER that is a super fine liquid liner with a pointed tip. Sometimes skinny liners tend to be a bit harder to make the line more controllable, but I was glad to see that with this marker the tip is somewhat flexible therefor not irritating skin with it’s sharpness when applying. The intense carbon black pigment was quite impressive also.
- A launch I’m a little giddy about is the MAYBELLINE MASTER INK LIQUID LINER. The smart application brush on these liners are pure perfection. I’m a little obsessed with the glitter shade in Black Gold which has super fine shiny particles to create a solid yet shimmery line on the lash line. Absolutely stunning when light falls on it. The Satin liner in black is just is beautiful with such a precise sharp outline, lines are never messy. I found the formulas intensely pigmented and lasted really well without smudging. Definitely a range I’d like to get in all the colors.
- Every once in a while you need a white pencil, trust me. From the ones I’ve tried, this one is right up there with my favorites. The NYX COSMETICS JUMBO EYE PENCIL in Milk is a medium thick soft white pencil you can use in many ways. One of the obvious ways is to use it on the inside of the lower waterline of your eye. I on the other hand who tends to get creative with makeup products, testing them in double-up scenarios, like using it as a super lightly applied highlighter above my top lip on the cupid’s bow also. This really is a lovely soft pencil to use, especially because white normally gets used on the waterline and you don’t want to irritate your eyes.
HANDS AND ALL
From their two newly launched collections for autumn and winter called LOST IN LUXURY AND INDUSTRIAL INNOCENCE, German brand LCN who is the authority on all things nails offers a new range of nail polish colors and hand creams to pamper hands to the max. To celebrate their 30th birthday, the brand launched their GRAND JUBILEE HAND CREAM in it’s rose gold pot. The cream has a beautifully light flowery scent that offers effective anti aging benefits. Another cream that I loved trying out is the COLD CREAM WITH BEESWAX. The formula is rich and intensely nourishes hands and enforces the skin barrier against the coming cold weather. Beeswax, glycerine, panthenol and vitamin E help protect, relieve irritations, nourish, heal and soften dry hands. When it comes to nail care I especially liked the 3-PHASE NAIL OIL that softens and cares for cuticles in a gentle way. The soft rose scent does not only add sensorial value, it also acts as an anti inflammatory agent.
Lastly, everyone who knows the brand know how amazing the LCN NAIL POLISHES and gels are. The superior quality really speaks for itself. A LCN mani always looks healthy, shiny, lasts long and does not chip or lift. The newest two collections offer beautiful new shades and I picked my favorite ones to show you above. Colors are dark and seductive, intense, include a beautiful stark white and a matte black. I’m super excited to start using these new ones!
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends!