A little something special for Daddy Dearest
June 16, 2016
Being on another continent and so far away from my own father this coming weekend, I’m writing this with a heavy heart and hoping all the dads out there are spoiled and for once taken care of this coming Father’s Day. Our fathers are after all our protectors, guides, examples and teachers until – if you’re a daddy’s girl like me – you meet the man who can take over from him and give him a well deserved break! Nothing pampers like skin care and boosts mood and confidence like fragrance, so I made a roundup of a few special mens fragrances on my radar and picked my all time favorite in men’s skin care to help you pick out something special for daddy this weekend.
- L’EAU D’ISSEY POUR HOMME EAU DE TOILETTE FRAICHE from ISSEY MIYAKE – Symbolizing strength and freshness of a mountain stream, this is a classic. It has an airy, energetic and aquatic feel to it and has a touch of woodiness and citrus. Notes of bergamot, rosemary, mint, grapefruit, May rose, pink pepper, musk and patchouli it has a universal appeal and great wearability.
- GIORGIO ARMANI AQUA DI GIO – Another classic if you ask me, this fragrance is much like the one about in the sense of versatility and suiting more tastes – you can’t go wrong with a fragrance like that. Inspired by the freedom of wind and water, the juice is citrussy, has a watery appeal and represents both the salt and sweetness of the ocean. Many notes comprise this fragrance and includes mandarin orange, jasmine, lime, lemon, bergamot, neroli as the opening notes. Cyclamen, violets, coriander, nutmeg, sea notes, hyacinth, rose, peach, freesia, rosemary and jasmine represent the hearth notes that leads to the dry down of white musk, cedar, oak moss, patchouli and amber as base notes.
- BULGARI MAN BLACK COLOGNE – This moderate intensity eau de toilette is one of my favorite new-ish mens fragrances. It is extremely addictive and masculine and has great long wear. It’s modern, refined and aimed at the more distinguished gentleman, often already followers of the brand. Creating success out the contrasts in this fragrance, fresh and light green notes of citrus juxto poses against the original oriental feel of the scent with it’s sensual warmer woody notes.
- DUNHILL ICON ABSOLUTE – In my opinion definitely a brilliant launch in time for winter. The scent is slightly heavier than the original and is woody and spicy – perfect for dad. Bergamot, black pepper, saffron, black rose, jasmine, agarwood, tobacco leaf and leather will make this a definite favorite under the more mature gentlemen – I’m willing to wager a guess.
- JIMMY CHOO MAN – Just putting out there that the fact that Kit Harrington used to be the face of this fragrance before Marlon Teixeira had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I adore when a man wears this scent. It’s sexy, it’s masculine, it has a dark side (again, nothing to do with our Kit) and I think it’s a great fragrance to consider if you want to spoil your other half who happens to be your baby daddy. It’s sharp, stylish, confident and uber seductive. Notes include honeydew melon, pink pepper, pineapple leaf, lavender, patchouli and suede. Please do yourself a favor and go check out this one.
When it comes to my favorite skin care brand for men I always reach for Dermalogica. It just is that good. Dependable, effective and suitable for all men’s skin needs – I can’t think of what more a man needs in the skin care department. They have it all covered.
- SOOTHING SHAVE BALM – This is a smooth shaving cream that provides a close shave with soothing benefits. Super lubricating, it soothes with aloe vera and comfrey extract provides ease of shaving for drier and more sensitive skins. Skin recovers quicker from the aggressive action of shaving. Skin is smoothed, ingrown hair is minimized and the face is left calm and less irritated.
- CLOSE SHAVE OIL – A little shaving miracle, the light oil formula makes a close shave reality because it creates a cushion between the skin and the razor. The comforting barrier makes the razor slide over the skin with a skin soothing oil consistency that not only calms irritation but ads moisture and minimizes the chances of ingrown hair.
- POST SHAVE BALM – I love that this rich cream formula soothes after shaving, calms irritation, minimizes redness and lessens the occurrence of ingrowns. Bumps caused by shaving is smoothed and skin is super moisturized with this fast absorbing cream. Licorice Root calms, Horse Chestnut and Saw Palmetto reduces discomfort after shaving and also controls oily shine.
I wish all the fathers a very blessed father’s day and to my own dad, I am with you in spirit and no matter where I am in the world, you’ll always be my daddy. Much love.
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends!