A fit life companion – the faces of the Fitbit Alta
September 13, 2016
I’ve been using one specific brand of fitness tracker for the last few months and to be honest, the fitness watch brand to take me away from FITBIT will have to say ‘Good morning Goddess’ and make me coffee too. That’s basically how impossible it will be. In short, I LOVE my tracker brand. It has become my daily companion in fashion and fitness and here’s why…
Earlier this year Fitbit launched their new ALTA wristband which is a completely fresh focus for the brand. This fashion forward band has a sleek design which makes it less bulky and less sporty looking. Don’t be deceived though because it still packs major punch. Personally when I train I like have a heart rate monitor on my arm, but that’s a whole new feature on one of the other trackers from Fitbit that you’ll have to wait a while longer for. When I’m not constantly measuring my heartbeat (because that’s almost all the Alta does not do) during cardio sessions I still like to measure my steps, know how far I am from reaching my daily fitness goals, etc. The Alta does all that in a classy addition to fashionistas anywhere while being one of the most motivating trackers on the market. The slim band can be changed to fit your personal style and makes a powerful statement when it comes to fitness and fashion combined. Focussing a bit on both sides of the Alta coin, let’s take a look at it’s physical appearance and chameleon-like ability to change.
Being at the height of fashion is just as important for most fitness junkies. When I use my Alta on days/times I’m not training, I like putting on the premium quality easily interchangeable hide leather strap in Graphite, as seen above. Because I don’t want the leather to spoil I use this strap for normal days out when I still want to see how my activity is doing, but don’t run the risk of swear damaging the band. The narrow stainless steel watch face combined with either the leather straps, sporty rubber straps (see below) or even the stainless steel strap that is launching soon in SA makes this a more popular choice for the ladies I guess, although I have seen many guys wearing the Alta. The leather strap is available in Graphite and a light Blush Pink which is really cute too. Keep an eye out for the Camel shade also launching soon.
As seen above, the Alta is taken from it’s edgy weekend leather look to it’s hard working sporty rubber straps in the blink of an eye. Available in black, blue, plum and teal, the rubber used is of brilliant quality and can be worn every day of the week without worry about daily wear. I wear mine all the time and I’ve found all the straps of excellent quality and durability if you look after it properly.
As mentioned, above is an image of the polished stainless steel band that is launching later this year. I’m absolutely giddy of excitement to get my hands on it! (there is talk of a gold band launching some time in the future too!)
I like how this watch just blends into my life seamlessly with no fuss. It automatically detects the kind of training I’m doing and even gives notifications when you need it most. Every feature on this watch has a purpose and although I’ve tried fitness trackers before that really made me feel extremely blonde due to the confusion they caused, the Fitbit brand watches are all super user friendly. If you’re into fitness for real, you’ll understand (#ifyouknowyouknow). If you’re not into all that heavy duty training like me, you’ll love how the Alta keeps you motivated in it’s subtle way and help you stay ahead of your daily step goals. (For the heavier and serious cardio training junkies, keep a look out for my next Fitbit feature in a few weeks). Here’s a fact sheet I’ve put together for you so you can see exactly why the Fitbit Alta is the first ever fashion first fitness watch on the market:
- Automatic sleep tracking – it keeps track of your sleeping patterns with silent vibrating alarms
- Personalized bands – make your Alta your own with the leather, stainless steel or rubber bands
- Automatic activity tracker – keeps track of your steps, calories burned, active minutes and distance you’re done
- Reminders to move – on screen reminders help you reach your hourly step goals to get you to your daily total
- SmartTrack – recognizes which exercise you’re doing and syncs it with the Fitbit app you’ll be downloading to your phone
- Clock Face – you can change your clock face to a design you like, available on the watch
- Screen tap – you scroll through menus by tapping on the screen or waking up the clock to see the time
- Smart notifications – if your phone is nearby you’ll receive call, calendar and all text notifications via Bluetooth Smart Connectivity
- Long battery life – depending on the amount of exercise you do, the Alta battery life is around 5 days
- Wireless syncing – all data is synced automatically and wirelessly to your phone or laptop
- Compete and communicate – connect with friends from around the world who also have Fitbit’s so motivate, message and compete
- Achievement badges – receive badges when you achieve certain goals
- Progress report – receive a weekly progress report via email and constantly track your progress via the app on your phone
- Compatible with Android, iOS and Windows phones
- Strap sizes come in S, L and XL
To take a closer look at the Alta, pop by Sportsmans Warehouse, Totalsports, Due South, iStore, Macro, Dion Wired, Incredible Connection, Cape Union Mart, Dischem and Clicks.
Did you like this post? Share it with your friends!